Hermosa Beach's monthly shopping events will continue this summer with another extravaganza taking place July 7.
There will be live music outdoors, a bounce house on Pier Plaza for children, and, of course, many sales. Here are the special deals that downtown stores will be offering Thursday:
- Anthology: All of the clothes will be 50 percent off, and purses, handbags and clutches will be 20 percent off.
- : Shoppers will get to giggle at complimentary wise cracks from the staff.
- Blue Rose: Shoppers will receive a special discount when they mention First Thursdays.
- : Shoppers will see some surprise fun.
- Details: Shoppers can continue celebrating Independence Day with 10 percent off all red, white and blue items. Plus, shoppers can enter their name for a chance to win a pair of Bernardo sandals.
- : The shop is in Hermosa Beach. Between 5 and 9 p.m., visitors to the store will receive a free gift with their purchase, and can enter their name in a raffle for a $100 gift certificate. There will be a barbecue on the patio, costing $10 for adults and $5 for children. Plus complimentary Bud on tap and live music.
- : Shoppers will receive 20 percent off all parts and accessories; 40 percent off a second part or accessory of equal or lesser value; and 10 percent off all bikes plus a free lock or basket valued up to $25.
- Maison Luxe: Shoppers can dig in the discount bowl for a chance to get 10, 15 or 20 percent off items—or pull a piece of paper from the bowl to get that percentage off any item purchased between 5 and 9 p.m. There will also be complimentary summertime beverages at the store.
- : Shoppers who buy two pairs of shoes will receive a free pair of patriotic sunglasses.
- : The store will be selling any two olive oils and one vinegar for $50; any two vinegars and any two olive oils for $55.
- : Shoppers will receive 25 percent off all swimwear, and anything red, white or blue will be 15 percent off.
- : The store is offering a lot of fun for First Thursdays.
- : There will be no sales tax.
- : There will be tarot card readings, cookies and tea.
- : Burrito and mojito specials will be offered all day.
- : Fried chicken dinner will be offered for $8.95, plus two-for-one drinks until 8 p.m. Other drink specials include $4 Sailor Jerry (shots or drinks,) $5 any Bacardi product (shots or drinks) and all wines will be offered as two-for-the-price-of-one.
- : There will be special wine tasting—2 ounce pours of five different wines for $10.
- : Signature cocktails—the mai tai, navy grog and margaritas—will be sold for $5. Plus, chicken teriyaki will be $9.95, aloha cheeseburgers will be $7.95 and the Mahi Mahi will be $12.95.
- : There will be happy hour from 5 to 7 p.m. with half off all coffee drinks. The cafe will close at 9 p.m.
- : There will be happy hour from 5 to 7 p.m. with half-price house wine until 9 p.m.
- : The restaurant will offer a $20 steak special—visitors will be able to choose from three different specialty steaks and two sides for $20. There will be happy hour from 5 to 7 p.m.
- : As the shop celebrates its third year anniversary, visitors who buy two items will get a third item for free.
- : Happy hour will be from 3 to 8 p.m. with half off drinks and $4 to $7 appetizer specials.
- : Country/blues/rock musician Trey Comstock will be performing with opener Juliet Roberts. There will also be an art exhibition by artist Robert Carson.
- : Visitors who mention “First Thursdays” will receive half-off hot Sake.
- : The restaurant encourages visitors to stop by and try its delicious menu.
Salons and Spas
- : Massage sessions will have complimentary aromatherapy upgrades for first-time guests. Introductory massages will be offered for $49 and introductory Murad signature facials for $59.
- Pure Skin Institute: Through July, shoppers can save $200 off Thermage Skin Tightening (full face) and 50 percent off a first hair removal treatment. Botox will be offered for $9/unit and a Radiesse special of buy 1.5cc syringe get 0.8cc for free. Plus, new patients can enjoy $100 off Sculptra.
Fitness and health
- Kathleen Lowry Acupuncture: Visitors will be welcome to ask any acupuncture questions.