Hermosa Beach's monthly shopping events will continue this summer with another extravaganza taking place June 2.
There will be live acoustic music outdoors, a bounce house on Pier Plaza for children, and, of course, many sales. Here are the special deals that downtown stores will be offering Thursday:
- Argentum Jewelry Hermosa: Shoppers will receive 15 percent off everything in store, free jewelry cleanings and complimentary food and drinks.
- : Entire store will be 20 percent off.
- : Shoppers will get to giggle at complimentary wise cracks from the staff.
- Blue Rose: Shoppers will receive a special discount when they mention First Thursdays.
- : Shoppers will see some surprise fun.
- Details: Shoppers can get ready for summer with 10 percent off all hat purchases. Plus, shoppers can enter their name in the store's First Thursday raffle for a chance to win one of two giveaways. Food and drinks will be served.
- : The shop is partnering with local charity Walk With Sally 10 percent of its First Thursday sales to the organization dedicated to mentoring children of parents or siblings with cancer. There will also be a $15 Aussie Barbecue, complimentary Sangria and live music.
- : Shoppers will receive 20 percent off all parts and accessories; 40 percent off a second part or accessory of equal or lesser value; and 10 percent off all bikes plus a free lock or basket valued up to $25.
- Maison Luxe: All clocks in the store will be 10 percent off.
- : Shoppers will receive 30 percent off the entire store.
- : The store will be serving raspberry mimosas with a splash of its house raspberry vinegar all afternoon.
- : Shoppers will receive 20 percent off all swimsuits and hats; free sunglasses with a $50 purchase; and will be entered into a drawing for Melissa and Doug beach toys.
- Spyder Surf: Giveaways and specials will be offered during a special premiere screening of a new surf movie called Sorry We’re Open.
- : There will be no sales tax.
- : There will be tarot card readings, mini massages, cookies and tea. Plus, a special $10 sale in the shop's clothing section.
- : Burrito and mojito specials will be offered all day. Complimentary large appetizer platters will be given to every 10 people, and two drinks for the price of one until 8 p.m.
- : Visitors will be able to see some surprise fun.
- : Signature cocktails—the mai tai, navy grog and margaritas—will be sold for only $5. Plus, chicken teriyaki will be $9.95, aloha cheeseburgers will be $7.95 and the Mahi Mahi will be $12.95.
- : There will be happy hour from 5 to 7 p.m. with half off all coffee drinks. The cafe will close at 9 p.m.
- : There will be happy hour from 5 to 7 p.m. with half-price house wine until 9 p.m.
- : The frappes and frizzantes will be part of a buy-one-get-one-free special at the shop.
- : Happy hour will be from 3 to 8 p.m. with half off drinks and $4 to $7 appetizer specials.
- : Katie Costello will be performing at 6: 30 p.m. and a decadent array of desserts will be available.
- : Children will be able to eat free. Plus, there will be $5 cocktails and buy-one-get-one-half-off chicken sandwiches.
- : There will be a $20 steak special and happy hour from 5 to 7 p.m.
- : There will be a special wine tasting, which includes 2-ounce pours of five different wines for $10.
Salons and Spas
- : Massage sessions will have complimentary aroma therapy upgrades. Introductory massages will be offered for $49 and introductory Murad signature facials for $59.
- : Visitors will receive 10 percent off all manicure-pedicure combo appointments from 6-8 p.m.
- : The salon will offer free bang and neck trims. Plus, 50 percent off of KMS Hair Styling Gel (8.5 oz. and 25.3 oz.) and KMS Hairstay maximum and medium hold.
- Pure Skin Institute: Through June, shoppers can save $200 off Thermage Skin Tightening (full face) and 50 percent off a first hair removal treatment.
Fitness and health
- Hermosa Beach Chiropractic and Live Foods: Visitors will receive a free chiropractic adjustment, free food and discount massage certificates.
- Kathleen Lowry Acupuncture: Visitors will be welcome to ask any acupuncture questions.