When The Mermaid Restaurant closed it doors at 2 a.m. on July 30, owner Diana Albergate thought her days of owning and operating the legendary establishment were over.
However, this past weekend, The Mermaid was open for business to the amazement and delight of many.
In true Mermaid style, a sign posted on the entry door lists the restaurant's limited hours of operation and directs patrons to a nearby ATM where they can get cash for the now "cash-only" Mermaid.
- Related: Mermaid's Thelen Era Over
- Related: End Nears for 60 Something Mermaid
- Related: Beach Camera Finds New Home at Mermaid
- Related: Mermaid: A Gem Buried Near The Strand
- Related: Landmark Hermosa: Mermaid