.

Hunter Beard and Keddy Mac with DJ Freeze and Richie and the 99%

 ,   Add to calendar
 Hermosa Beach  See map

Hunter Beard and Keddy Mac: Hunter Beard “I’m just a nice guy........just loving life.” Hunter will tell you with a sly smile. At first look you would never know the hardships and turmoil he’s had to face and overcome. And that’s the way he would have it. Growing up in Little Rock Arkansas, Hunter made a name for himself for all the wrong reasons, losing years of his life to bad decisions and what he calls trying to “fit in” with his surroundings. Only after accepting his uncanny ability to “stand out” was he able to find purpose and change his life through music. The following is just the beginning of a very real success story. Hunter began recording his first album, Scars, in December 2006 upon his release from prison. Countless magazine articles and covers followed hailing his talent. In his first music review, Free Press writer Rachel Thompson wrote, “Imagine a fusion of the intelligence and realness of hip-hop with the proclaimed flashiness of rap. Hunter Beard is a lyrical mastermind who has a style that is refreshingly unique.” Within only two months after Hunter’s release, his first single, “Want It With Us,” was introduced to the radio by Power 92 Jams on their segment “Pump It Or Dump It”— receiving 100 percent votes to “Pump It” from station fans. This led to the song’s placement in rotation at Power 92 Jams and Hot 96.5, as well as stations in Oklahoma, Alabama and Louisiana (all Clear Channel Networks) reaching a total of 200 BDS spins in addition to “drops” and live radio interviews. Since then Hunter has performed in front of thousands of people alongside several major acts such as Paul Wall, Brooke Hogan, Nappy Roots, and Trap Starz Click. He has been featured on countless mixtapes, and his single, “Get Hypnotized,” is featured on, The Music Hustle 3, album along with artists Lil Wayne, Too Short, and Ying Yang Twins. A second song of his entitled “I Came For You” was recently introduced to the radio on Power 92 Jams making him the only hip-hop artist out of Arkansas to have had two songs on the radio. When not traveling for shows, Hunter resides in Hermosa Beach CA (Los Angeles area)—performing on the Sunset Strip, finishing his second album, and charming Hollywood with his bold and refreshing approach to music, love of life, and entourage-esque lifestyle. Hunter Beard is shopping for a major recording contract and has the talent, style, and marketability to be a worldwide platinum selling artist. He has the complete support of Little Rock’s radio and club DJ’s and is loved and well known by both the south and west coast alike. It is safe to say he has come quite a long way since his humble beginnings, but that is to be expected from an artist who regards himself as a workaholic. As Thompson has proclaimed in the Free Press, “Hunter Beard is one of the most promising unsigned artists in the hip-hop scene and has the talent and potential to be the best thing that hip-hop has ever known.”


Richie & the 99%: Born out of the smoldering remains of the Great Recession comes Richie & The 99%, a group of four South Bay natives that bring a ferocious garage rock sound inspired by good old fashioned American Blues music. The soulful yet powerful vocals of Kira “Bones Jones” Lingman will leave you breathless and possibly brainless. Sharing lead guitar duties with Kira is Richie “the 1%” Calkins, the aristocrat who somehow tricked the rest of the 99% into thinking he was the second coming of Hendrix. Mason “Mraz” Wright produces thundering bass tones and always fills the “one fedora per crew” quota. Danny “Jah Praise” Peyton, a local drum and ‘shine enthusiast, will bring “jah”-dropping drum fills on his duct taped drum kit (sponsored and anchored by Pedigree).


 Tickets are $10. For tickets and more info please visit saintrocke.com Doors open at 5PM, show starts at 9PM.


21+


 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something