It will be held between 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Clark Building, 861 Valley Drive.
“These Community Dialogue meetings are a great way to create a comprehensive portrait of our community’s views, values and vision for the future,” said Tom Bakaly, Hermosa Beach city manager.
“By coming together and discussing what is important to Hermosa Beach, we can build a framework and process to help us make the important decisions regarding the city’s future.”
The city has issued a survey for residents to take to provide guidance regarding Hermosa Beach’s values and priorities: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Hermosa1_czb
The city also wants residents to take photos around the following themes:
(An email address has been dedicated for submission of the photos.)
What Makes Hermosa Beach special?
- Pictures of what makes Hermosa special. (Tag: #special)
- Pictures of things that could be special or have potential (Tag: #potential)
- Pictures of things that will never be special. (Tag: #notspecial)
Do we have a community here? What kind of community is it?
- Pictures that provide evidence that we are a fragmented community (Tag: #fragmented)
- Evidence that we are a cohesive community. (Tag: #cohesive)
Confidence in each other:
- Images that show that we do things right (Tag: #confident)
- Images that show when or what happens when we don’t have confidence in each other (Tag: #notconfident)
Do we get out in front of issues, or do we tend to be reactive?
- Images that show examples of when we do get out in front of issues. (Tag: #infront)
- Images or evidence that show we do not . (Tag: #reactive)
- Images of opportunities to get out in front (Tag: #opportunities)
When we get an outcome we didn’t want, can we identify the cause and then apply that knowledge?
- Show examples of outcome we didn’t want (Tag: #badoutcome)
- Show examples of when the city or community has applied learnings from past failures or bad outcomes. (Tag: #learned)
- Show ways to build this community’s ability to learn. (Tag: #increasedability)