Here are five things for your Monday morning in Hermosa Beach:
- Ragin' Cajun celebrates its grand opening at 5:30 p.m. Monday in Suzy's Bar & Grill and will be serving its famous Louisiana fare for lunch and dinner. The joint's name is Suzy's Ragin' Cajun Cafe.
- Don't miss the mixer at Baja Sharkeez Tuesday when the Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce holds its monthly "Networking at Lunch" beginning at 11:30 a.m. Lunch and tip are included in the $15 member cost and $20 nonmember fee. Cash only. More details here.
- The third of four summer concerts on the sand in Hermosa Beach takes place Sunday from 5 to 8 p.m. on the south side of the pier. Anuhea with Cas Haley will bring their Hawaiian reggae sounds to concertgoers. Concerts are free. Bring a blanket, towel or chair. Food and beverages available for purchase.
- There are two national days Monday, each of which have great appeal to me: National Middle Child Day and National Vinyl Record Day. Do you own any records? Do you ever play them? Tell us in the comments below.
- Make sure you're "Patched In" to get alerts on breaking news as it happens in town this week (and after), make sure you are signed up to get our emails. Click on the 'get the daily newsletter' at the top, right corner of this page. (If you see something that says, "hi, username," then you're already registered. In that case, click on "email settings" under the drop-down tab under your name.)